The Mixing Bowl

The Perfect Blend or a whole load of mess?

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

God is Love

what a cold night, i dont even need the air conditioner tonight. though i am slightly sleepy and groggy, i really want to complete this entry. this is one of those rare times where i once again am absorbed in the amazing draw of words. of how words impact life.

as i was doing my quiet time and reflecting upon my day, i was reminded again how God is love. really He is Love. everything he does for us stems from the very simple and true origin of love. why else would someone send his one and only son for strangers? God loves me and He definitely loves you too.

even though sometimes our stubborn unrepentant ways causes God to cause "not so good" things to happen to us but such an act also stems from love. As Shirley preached that day in church, even when God does this its for our best. To help us break out of our sin. we need to think long run and know that God knows and yearns to give us what is best. A such is harsh love like how a parent would always want the best for the child even if it means having to implement harsher measures in order to get the child to see their point.

recently, life has been filled with tons of blessings from God and i really want to bring him praises from my grateful heart. as i look beck at life before God, life after God and the journey as a christian i must say my heart is filled with thanksgiving to a Lord that has brought me so far.

when i began my Christian journey. i really really never thought where this decision would take me. from a curious heart to one that grows more and more day by day. one that yearns to walk with God more and of course a realization that He is the living God.

some things happened today that made me think (:

perhaps i do not understand alot of things,
perhaps you are going to tell me that it is a big world out there,
perhaps i will be shocked at the ugliness that i see and...
perhaps i will feel hopelessly deluded
BUT
for certain,
my God will give me refuge his wings and lead me out of things.
He will bring me peace and bring me to places and lengths that i would never have dreamed possible.
He will be my source of joy and love.

for We love cos He loved us first.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home