The Mixing Bowl

The Perfect Blend or a whole load of mess?

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

with bossa nova (so nice)

yes as the heading suggests i am blogging this entry with a good bout of bossa nova in the background. i recommend this singer which i am listening to OLIVIA! she is from our very own sunny island and i enjoy listening to her. something really relaxing about bossa nova and jazz.

moments like these i really thank God for (:

alot of things have been going in my head. i feel that as i experience more i begin to learn more and as i always say understand more. understanding. this is a term that is perhaps often used by ironically, seldom understood. when we say things like " i understand" the question that remains is do we really? maybe perfect understanding will never be achieved. but i believe a way to grow in our understanding is really through experience. u will only understand when you experience.

recently i have caught in with the book buying fever. in the past, when i was doing my jc life, there was alot of books which i wanted to pick up but i really didnt have the time. now that i have the time, i have no more excuses. time to feed my long deprived soul :)

i know that it is cheaper to borrow books BUT i really enjoy buying books. to have a nice thick book on my book shelf, belonging to me that is really something that i enjoy. i enjoy flipping through the many pages of the book, letting it take me on a journey as i absorb myself in it. i enjoy pondering about the contents of the book as well as absorbing the information that the book gives me. this is like one of the rare joys of reading?

but the one thing that i like most about reading nowadays is that it enables me to block out my surroundings. i dont know why but i find great joy in this. i enjoy browsing through borders or perhaps even life bookshop by myself. taking my own sweet time to flip through the books. one of the greatly indulging things about book buying is that it cannot be rushed. take time, look through the books and decided which one you need most. or which one appeals to you most. being unable to rush something is strangely something which my choleric nature enjoys.
there is so much to buying a book. the way when you pick up the right one you know or perhaps you think u know. being so so so spolit for choice . shelves and shelves and shelves.

a cup of coffee and a book with slight music in the background... nothing really beats that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home